Teach For Malaysia is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that is enlisting Malaysia’s most promising future leaders in our mission to end education inequity. Teach For Malaysia Fellows will serve as full-time teachers for two years in high-need schools, and commit to transform the education outcomes of less-privileged schoolchildren, through significantly improving their achievements and aspirations.In the long term, Teach For Malaysia Ambassadors would form a different class of leaders, working in various fields to expand education opportunity for all children in Malaysia.
Officially launched on 24 December 2010, Teach For Malaysia is currently in the process identifying 100 of the most promising future leaders to be part of its inaugural cohort. Teach For Malaysia aims to place its third cohort in under-performing schools at the start of the next school year in January 2014.
Teach For Malaysia is a partner of Global Education Network, Teach For All (www.teachforall.org). Find out more about us on our website at www.teachformalaysia.org.
Teach For Malaysia has five internship opportunities of which two positions have been earmarked for the Otak-otak programme:
1. Recruitment (1 position)
Teach For Malaysia seeks a Recruitment intern who will play an integral role in assisting the Recruitment Team in refining our recruitment strategy for the 2013 cohort.
2. Admissions (1 position)
Teach For Malaysia seeks an Admissions intern who will play an integral role in assisting the Admissions Team in refining the selection process for the 2013 cohort.
3. Training (2 positions)
Teach For Malaysia seeks two Training interns who will play an integral role assisting the Training Director in implementing our training programme to equip outstanding Teach For Malaysia Fellows with the skills, mindsets and experiences necessary to be transformational teachers and leaders.
4. Organisational Development (1 position)
Teach For Malaysia seeks an Organisational Development intern that will assist the Development, and Marketing Departments by coordinating discrete projects to increase the team’s efficiency and organisation.
As a social enterprise in our start-up phase, Teach For Malaysia has various opportunities for interns will to assume ownership and responsibility over discrete projects and operations. Interns will receive training and support from the management team and will be expected to integrate and perform quickly in a dynamic working environment.
Education and Experience
- On track to obtaining a Bachelor’s degree and with a strong academic track record in any subject
- Previous internships preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, achievement-oriented environment
- Strong work ethic with a desire to go above and beyond
- Ability to influence and motivate others to achieve ambitious goals
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills and relationship building skills
- Strong critical thinking, analytical skills, and operational instinct
- Strong management and organisation skills
- Exceptional organisation skills and strong detail-orientation
- Ability to prioritise and juggle multiple projects within tight deadlines
- Commitment to reaching ambitious team goals