“What should I do with my life?” is one of the most common questions we hear young professionals and students ask. Finding a structured way to answer this question is no easy task, and the Otak2 team is constantly refining our approach towards helping individuals find their calling.
Below is the summary of our approach towards career guidance:
Below is the summary of the Otak2 approach towards assisting top students and young professionals with job placement:
1. Identify Targets: Once we’ve identified the broad fields of interest of a particular student or young professional, the Otak2 team will work with them to draw up a list of potential organizations and companies that would allow for opportunities aligned to their interest.
2. Resume & Cover Letter Preparation: We then, based on organizations targeted, work with students to prepare targeted, and concise resume’s (using most current standards) that will catch the eye of recruiters at these companies
3. Approach Strategy: Not all companies should be approached the same way – some are best approached through their recruitment portals, others through personally set up conversations with top management (which Otak2 can sometimes help setup) and some via an e-mail approach requesting for an informational interview
4. Interview Preparation: We work closely with candidates to prepare them for their interviews with top companies, to ensure that they walk in the door having the practice they need to ‘ace the interview’ – regardless of the type of interview format; case interview, casual chat, or detailed skills assessment.
5. Negotiations and Job Scope: There’s nothing worse than finding a good company to work for and securing a position, but not doing the work you really want to do, or not being compensated fairly for it. Drawing upon our extensive experience in the Malaysian landscape, we’ll work closely with candidates to ensure they are able to negotiate a fair salary and benefits package, and that their role within the company is defined, with clear and measurable goals for their future development.